- 1 large Navel orange
- 1 cup cooked Ramona Farms wheat berries (approximately 1/3 cup uncooked)
- 4 medium beets, roasted and cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced I'itoi onions (green onions may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Pomegranate-Orange Vinaigrette (recipe link below)*
Zest the orange and set the zest aside. Cut the orange in half. Peel and chop 1 half of the orange and juice the other half of the orange.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the orange segments, wheat berries, beets, cranberries, I'itoi onions and pecans.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss. Let sit for up to 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
Recipe from Monica Woolsey