- 1 bunch i’itoi onions, scrubbed free of dirt and sliced thinly from root end to 1–2 inches above bulb
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, minced
- Healthy crack black pepper
- 2 cups ravioli (your favorite recipe, or my version of agnolotti col plin—see ediblephoenix.com/what-cook)
1. Bring water for the ravioli to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, sweat onions with oil, salt and chili powder on medium heat for approximately 4 minutes.
3. Add ravioli to the boiling water and cook until nearly tender.
4. Deglaze the onion mixture with wine and cook until no alcohol remains.
5. Add cream and reduce by a ⅓ (3–4 minutes).
6. Season with marjoram and black pepper.
7. Toss with the pasta and serve immediately.