The Queen Creek Olive Mill Family Cookbook (2012) is the Rea Family's celebration of their Italian heritage, home cooking and recipes from the Mill's restaurants. Copies are available at the market an...
- 5 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Mexican lime olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced (medium shrimp or sliced steak may be substituted)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper with seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced vertically
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shot your favorite tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Queen Creek Olive Mill White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat Mexican lime olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add chicken and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all peppers, onion and garlic and continue to sauté for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add tequila and white balsamic vinegar. Cook for one minute more, remove from the heat and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- The fajitas may be served right out of the skillet with warm corn or flour tortillas accompanied by salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream and a cold beer.
About this recipe
Courtesy of QUEEN CREEK OLIVE MILL
More recipes are available on the Queen Creek Olive Mill website, www.queencreekolivemill.com/recipe.