- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon Mrs. Burns’ Lemon Basil, finely chopped or use small leaves (for tangy citrusy notes) or use Cinnamon Basil to increase the spice notes in the recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of good thick balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Coarsely chop strawberries (bruised or less than perfect berries work well for this recipe). Add berries, sugar, basil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar to a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir and reduce (about 10 minutes) then add lemon zest and pepper. Serve over warm pancakes.