The perfect accompaniment for the Spring Chopped salad (makes more than needed for salad).
- 4 cups spinach, chopped or sliced
- 4 cups escarole, chopped
- 4 ounces peas, blanched, chilled
- 4 ounces snow peas, raw, cut in ¼-inch pieces
- 4 ounces snap peas, raw, cut in ¼-inch pieces
- 6 ounces asparagus, raw, trimmed, cut in ¼-inch pieces
- 3 ounces scallion or spring onion, thinly sliced, including green part
- 2 or 3 tablespoons each fresh herbs: dill, mint, parsley, chives, tarragon and chervil, sliced thinly or in sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Meyer lemon vinaigrette (see below)
- 4 ounces sheep-milk feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces almonds, toasted, cut in thirds
Combine greens, vegetables and herbs in large bowl (reserve some pretty herb sprigs for garnish, if desired). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with about 8 ounces of vinaigrette, adding more if necessary. Taste and adjust. Distribute salad between 4 plates. Garnish with feta and almonds, plus herb sprigs if using.