- 4 ounces The Meat Shop bacon, small dice
- 1 medium sweet onion, small dice
- 4 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 carrots peeled, small dice
- 1 Anaheim chile, small dice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch thyme, leaves only
- 2 sprigs sage, leaves only
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 6 ounces white tepary beans, cooked
- 6 ounces brown tepary beans, cooked
- 1½ pounds Seacat Gardens arugula leaves (no stem)
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Arugula Pesto Crostini* (recipe follows)
Cook bacon slowly over moderate heat to render as much fat as possible. Add onion, carrot, celery and chile, and cook until translucent. Then add minced garlic and herbs. Sweat slowly for 5 minutes, making sure you gain no color on the vegetables.
Add the vegetable stock and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1½ pounds of Seacat Gardens arugula to simmering liquid.
Stir vigorously and turn off fire. Squeeze the juice of both citrus into soup.
Season with salt to taste.
Serve with grilled crostini spread with arugula pesto.
Try with: Seacat Arugula Pesto Crostini
Courtesy of The Café at MIM