- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or walnut mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed and chopped into 1-inch slices
- 16 pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecans, dry roasted for 2 minutes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large salad bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients to form an emulsion.
3. Place the Brussels sprouts onto a large rimmed baking sheet or into a large shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and 5–6 grinds of pepper. Place in the center of the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the oven, add the kale and mix with the Brussels sprouts. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting for 8 minutes.
5. Add the roasted vegetables, dates, pecans and chives to the salad bowl and toss well with the vinaigrette. Serve warm.
About this recipe
Recipe reprinted with permission from Les LEGUMES: Vegetable Recipes from the Market Table by Pascale Beale (M27 Editions, 2017) available in October. Other books in the series include Les FRUITS and SALADE.