- ½ cup raw walnut pieces
- 2½ cups fresh corn kernels, about 5 ears
- ½ teaspoon Miraval Oil Blend (see note)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Heat oven to 400°. Spread walnuts on a small baking sheet or in a baking dish, and roast until fragrant and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Heat a heavy, medium-sized skillet over high heat. Add the oil and the corn and a pinch each of the salt and the pepper; stir well. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to color, 3. to 4 minutes.
Spread the corn on a large plate and refrigerate until well chilled, 20 minutes.
Combine the corn and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
Note: The Miraval Oil Blend is three parts canola oil to one part cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil. By combining the two oils, the higher heat-resistant properties of the canola oil help to preserve the flavor of the more delicate extra-virgin olive oil.
Recipe reprinted from Mindful Eating by Miraval Resorts, 2012, Hay House, Inc.