- 10 slices white or wheat bread (remove crust, cut bread into ½-inch dice and toast in oven until golden brown)
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (sliced and sautéed until tender)
- 3 ounces crumbled Crow’s Dairy or other local goat cheese (divided)
Prep bread and let cool. Combine eggs, cream, garlic, black pepper and thyme and whisk until well combined. Lightly fold in bread, mushrooms and 2 ounces of the goat cheese with a rubber spatula.
Let mixture sit for 3–4 minutes, until all liquids are absorbed by the bread and it softens. Evenly divide the mix into fourths, place in a lightly greased muffin tin and bake at 350° for 10–14 minutes or until golden brown.
Unmold to serve and garnish with remaining goat cheese.
About this recipe
Recipe compliments of Chef Michael Cairns at the Omni Scottsdale at Montelucia.
Related Stories & Recipes
A perfect taste of the Southwest.