- 2 cups Tom Sawyer gluten-free flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh eggs (beat well) or liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vinegar (apple, wine or rice vinegar)
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons milk or other substitute
NOTE: Read all labels to insure that all ingredients are gluten free.
1. Place dry ingredients in mixing bowl, mix well and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. The amount of milk or liquid may be varied by a small amount to produce the desired thickness of the pancakes. Slightly more liquid will produce a thinner pancake and less liquid will produce a thicker pancake. Add extra liquid one tablespoon at a time and mix well each time.
4. Spoon or pour the batter onto the griddle and bake until done (a nice golden brown color).
NOTE: Waffles may also be made from the above recipe. For extra special waffles, change the procedures as follows:
1. Sift the flour before mixing the dry ingredients.
2. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until firm, then add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff and set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients as above using only egg yolks.
4. After adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold the egg whites into the batter very gently, but mix well.
5. Pour or spoon into waffle iron and cook until done
Recipe compliments of Tom Sawyer Gluten-Free Products, Sedona.