Vegan Navajo Taco Dinner
Please join us for a special event at Community Cuisine:
• Hosted by our own Chef Mario. He will be preparing a Vegan Navajo Taco dinner featuring:
• Vegan Fry bread (wheat flour, lake salt, aluminum free baking powder)
Topped with 3 Sisters Chili (corn, beans, squash, tomatoes, spices, peppers)
Garnished with spinach, red cabbage, mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes, radishes, shaved red onions, and roasted green chilies.
• Blue Corn Mush made with ground blue corn and Juniper ash. This traditional addition and hard-to-find food adds a distinctive flavor, and makes this unique dish a deep blue and raises the level of nutrients.
• Pumpkin Tamales are savory and just a little sweet and steamed to perfection with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves* and red peppers (white corn, pumpkin, applesauce, golden raisins, pine nuts, coconut oil, spices*)
• Pine Nut Cookies are delicate and light-tasting with a full-bodied nutty flavor. They will literally melt in your mouth. (pine nuts, flour, vanilla, sugar, earth balance, powdered sugar)
• Iced Navajo herbal Tea cold and refreshing with notes similar of chamomile
Date: June 15, 2018 7:00 PM-10:00 PM
Location: Community Cuisine | 2245 E. Washington St. , Phoenix, AZ 85034
• Cost is $15 per person. Don’t miss this unique, traditional feast! Please RSVP on the Facebook post and pay at the event.
Event website: facebook.com