Soil to Boil
1:00 - 1:15 - Meet at the Farm, Check-in, Assign Teams, Orientation
1:15 – 1:45 - “Scarfenger” Hunt, Clean and Collect Veggies
1:45 – 2:45 - Cook/Prepare Veggies, Kids Play (Adults – Food Prep Class)
2:45 – 3:45 - Eat Veggies, “Scarfenger” Tasting Challenge
3:45 – 4:00 - Good-bye, Hand out Veggies for Home
“Scarfenger” Hunting Teams. (The teams follow the fun and informative “Scarfenger” Hunt clues that lead them to different vegetables. Every kid gets their hands dirty as they harvest.)
- Wash up (Kids and Veggies)
- Next, while the kids get some fun exercise playing games, or doing a veggie related art project, the parents can attend a workshop on meal prep as they vegetables the kids harvested are boiled/steamed and prepared for them to eat.
- The teams then get to eat the vegetables they pulled from the ground, together.
- “Scarfenger” Tasting Challenge! (While blindfolded, the kids are challenged to guess what vegetable they taste.)
- Every kid goes home with a fresh veggie and great memories.
Date: March 11, 2018 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
Location: Crooked Sky Farms | 2134 S. 16th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007
Event website: eventbrite.com