Hydroponic Greenhouse Tomato and Lettuce Intensive Workshops - Industry, Out-of-Town
The courses combine classroom time with hands-on work in the greenhouse to ensure that students receive the knowledge and ability to grow tomatoes and lettuce hydroponically. The courses also include useful events such as an engineering roundtable discussion, where attendees can ask our expert engineers any questions they may have.
Where else can you receive a semester of university coursework in one week? The hydroponic crop intensives feature over a semester’s worth of course content presented strategically throughout the week to allow business professionals and growers to minimize their time away from home. The courses will combine classroom time with time in the greenhouse in order to put the lessons learned by lecture into real world practice. The Intensive Courses start from the beginning, but move quickly and are meant for growers of all levels.
What's Included in CEAC Workshops:
- 40+ hours of classroom time and hands-on application in the greenhouses on CEAC Campus.
- Tours of CEAC's facilities including extensive time in Arizona Vegetable Co./CEAC Deep Water Culture Greenhouse, Teaching & Education Tomato 5000 sq/ft Greenhouse, UAg Vertical Farm, Off-Grid Photovoltaic Greenhouse, Mid-Tech Energy Efficient Greenhouse, CEAC Aquaponics Greenhouse, Mushroom House / Mycoculture Lab, CEAC Head House, Propagation Greenhouse. CEAC's unique facilities show a variety of different greenhouse structures and hydroponic systems (for more than just leafy green production). Structure types include: Gable, Quonset, Saw tooth, and Indoor/Vertical. Nutrient delivery systems include: Ebb and Flow, Deep Water Culture, NFT, Vertical.
- Access to lecture materials that have been crafted from CEAC's research and educational programs and fine-tuned over the last 10 years.
- Catered lunches daily, and breakfast for the days that being at 8am.
- Discounted Rates for CEAC's 17th Annual Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course
- Personal question follow-ups - Being walking distance from a number of restaurant and bars, our instructor is available to address questions more specific to your operation in a casual setting on select evenings.
- Certificate of Completion
- Arizona tote bags with assorted take home materials
Why CEAC's intensive Workshops?
- Education immediately meets application – CEAC’s unique facilities support a quality learning experience, where knowledge from classroom lectures is immediately applied in the greenhouse.
- Substantial time for immersion – The length and thoroughness of CEAC intensive workshop is unmatched! You’ll be ripe with knowledge and bleeding green by the time you leave.
- Experience yields efficiency – CEAC Intensive Workshops have been around for 10 years. With a database of 100’s of common questions and strategic delivery of content, we will address many of your questions naturally throughout the workshop. In addition, our
- limited class size offers the opportunity to address questions more specific to your operation.
- Our misssion is to educate you, not to sell you a product line! Discussion on equipment and materials for CEA production is unbiased.
Date: January 03-10, 2018 9:00 AM-5:30 PM
Location: Controlled Environment Agriculture Center | 1951 E. Roger Rd, Tucson, AZ 85719
Admission: $1,195. Discount available for Veterans & Combined Workshop Attendees.
Event website: ceac.arizona.edu