Culinary Nutrition with Fermented Dairy
Flavorful Fermented Dairy Demo & Tasting Event
This culinary demo and taste workshop focuses on fermented dairy as a food and ingredient.
Dairy is a high-protein food, that when fermented, offers a variety of health benefits. There are quality variations in fermented dairy products, so how do you know what to include in your diet and kitchen?
- Learn about fermentation differences between various pre-made dairy items
- Explore many flavorful and creamy ways to use fermented dairy such as yogurt, labne and chaas to make sauces, dressings, soups and condiments.
French Marmalade Yogurt Cake
- Multiple comparative tastings of fermented dairy options and ginger chaas, basil & spiced zucchini yogurt soup, chickpea cucumber chop salad, spiced labneh balls, veggie pancakes, shrimp or lamb and a lemon yogurt dessert custard.
- We’ll also experience how yogurts works in but also changes in baked desserts such as lemon yogurt custard or marmalade yogurt cake.
Tasty Takeaways & Eating Well:
- Expand your fermented food options
- Learn how they can relate to your health via the microbiome
- Review nutritional differences between grocery store options
Date: August 23, 2017 5:45 PM-8:15 PM
Location: The Taste Workshop | Scottsdale, AZ
Event website: thetasteworkshop.com