Culinary Nutrition Demo and Taste Workshop with Vinegar
February 28, 2017
Life’s sweet and sour, so let’s embrace how vinegar brightens foods and can improve health.
In this workshop, we’ll explore health myths and facts regarding fermented vinegars (including the microbiome) and flavorful fast ways vinegar improves food and cooking options.
Sauces, Brighteners, Balancers: Tasting Event
- Taste a variety of vinegars and evaluate how they change and balance flavor profiles of various foods
- Review savory and sweet vinegar sauces and hot and cold vinegar uses as quick sauces
- Learn about foods made in different styles using vinegar as sauces for braised veggies, fish, and poultry, as savory and sweet gastriques, vinegar tea and a variety of vinegar shots.
Eating Well & Tasty Tips:
- Discuss the basics of the microbiome (how your gut impacts your health)
- Review health myths and facts of vinegar and metabolism, “detoxing”, weight management and blood glucose control
- Review nutritional differences of fermented vinegars
- Get tips on flavor balancing and salt perception changes
February 28, 2017 5:45 PM-7:45 PM
May 23, 2017 5:45 PM-7:45 PM
Location: The Taste Workshop | Scottsdale, AZ
Event website: thetasteworkshop.com